Attention: These chicken wings are delicious. I got this recipe from B (thanks, B!) and they are so delicious. They're fairly easy to make and were a hit! I highly recommend these for your next tailgate! Here's the original recipe and mine is below! Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or fish sauce)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds chicken wings, rinsed and dry
- Simmer the water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat until it turns a deep amber, about 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the soy sauce (or fish sauce), lime juice, chili sauce, and garlic and carefully add it to the pan, then heat until the caramel dissolves.
- Marinate the chicken wings in the sauce for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Place the chicken wings on a rack, on a foil lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400F oven until golden brown and crispy, about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the marinade in a sauce pan and simmer over medium heat to thicken, about 7-10 minutes.
- Toss the wings in the caramel sauce and enjoy.
Sorry this was my only picture, we crisped them up at the end!