- 24 ounces white mushrooms, cleaned, dried, trimmed and quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2/3 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 small lemons, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, place mushrooms, onion, garlic and 2/3 teaspoon thyme.
- Squeeze lemons into the bowl and add the lemon halves. Add olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and season to coat.
- Transfer to a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and spread an even layer.
- Roast mushroom mixture for about 15 minutes. Drain liquid and set aside.
- Return mushroom mix to oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove lemons and discard. Transfer mushroom mixture and liquid to the crockpot.
- Add sherry, coconut milk, almond milk and stock to the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, blend soup, either by blender, hand mixer or food processor. Blend to your desired consistency.
I just threw everything into the bowl and doused it in lemon
Lay it in one thin layer on a baking sheet
The finished product. Looks bland, I know, but it's so good!