Well, that is exactly what happened here. It was a brisk Sunday afternoon, football was on and the fire was blazing. I was cooking up some delicious sloppy joes and maybe it was the mix of fall in the air or the red wine in my glass but I completely spaced photos.
Looks like you lovelies are just going to have to take my word on how delicious these were. You could make these like regular sloppy joes, throw them on a fresh roll, or throw them in a baked sweet potato, or do what we did and just eat like caveman with a bunch of meat on a plate. Any way you do it, I promise these are delish!
- 1 1/2 lbs of grass-fed ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, chopped small
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped small
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped small
- 1/4 cup of celery, chopped small
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs of chili powder
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 2 tbs of coconut sugar or honey
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, with liquids
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- Sauté the onions, garlic, celery together in a skillet until onions are tender.
- Add and brown the ground beef in the same skillet.
- Next add the spices, coconut sugar (or honey), and bell peppers to the skillet.
- Pour in the can of diced tomatoes with liquids and the tomato paste.
- Simmer all together on low for about 15 minutes.
- Finish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Happy Birthday Whitney! I hope today you feel so loved and celebrated because you deserve it! Eat yogurt, open presents and celebrate today with your husband! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend and a constant support in my life. You are such a blessing. I wish I was there celebrating with you, but I hope you know I'm thinking about you all day! I love you!