I love this meal, but to prepare the way I love it, I made my own BBQ sauce, found here and my own bread rolls, here. It seems like a lot of work, especially making it easy with the crockpot, but I promise homemade is the way to go!
- 4 pounds pork shoulder
- 3 tablespoons smoke paprika
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon chili powder (reduce for less spice)
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 4 pieces of bacon (secret ingredient)
- Lay pieces of bacon on the bottom of the crockpot. Pour in the broth.
- Mix all the spices together. Rub the rub into the meat and into all the crevices.
- Place the meat into the crockpot.
- Cooking options can vary. Either 4 hours on high. 8 hours on low. We did two hours on low, 3 and 1/2 on high.
- When done, shred the pork. Put back in the crockpot, mix with the juices.
- Prepare your sandwich!
you have to trust me with the bacon
so perfectly seasoned