I cannot lie. I have not been in a blogging mood. Life's busy, the sun in shining and I really don't feel like sitting down in front of the computer to write. Lately, I've felt uninspired and pressured to write because I have a following I want to keep intrigued. Well, in my opinion, readers only stay because you write things that are interesting, funny and worth reading. The second I feel like I cannot do that anymore, I know I need to stop. So, here it is. I'm taking a blogging hiatus.
Don't worry, it's only for 1 month. I just need to a little time re-group, enjoy this summer and find some inspiration. I never want this little space of mine to become something I have to do. I want to love it as much as all of you do. I'll be back with lots of fresh, fun recipes, thoughts, ideas, lists and updates. Until then, make sure to follow me on instagram and twitter... Come on people, I can't give all social media up!
Happy summer everyone!
Saturday, July 4, 2015
"May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please,
but as the opportunity to do what is right."
I just love the 4th of July! One of my favorite holidays for sure. I hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating this great country with your friends and family. Make sure you eat delicious food, drink delicious cocktails, be careful with your fireworks and enjoy the freedom you have. USA is the best country in the world, let's make sure it stays that way.
PS. Today is my sister-in-law's birthday! Happy Birthday Camila! Thanks for being such a great sister, you're the perfect addition to our family. I wish I was there to celebrate with you! I love you!
Friday, July 3, 2015
Hi blogger friends, sorry I've been MIA. I agree with Taylor from The Daily Tay where she talks about the hardest weeks in blogging life. She describes it perfectly, "...when the 4th of July is just around the corner. My attention span is that of a two year old surrounded by shiny objects and Capri Suns" Well, I've been doing just that, just without the capri suns. But I've been blissfully enjoying summer, long walks, laying by the pool and sipping cocktails. But have no fear, I'm back! It's Friday, so you know what that means; Friday Favorites!
- This guy finds out how hard it is to walk around in high heels and it's hilarious. Now if only guys could feel what it's like to be pregnant.
- I hate the word moist, and here's why.
- Ben and Jen are no longer. Is this news heartbreaking to anyone else?
- Gluten-Free comfort foods! I wish I never knew these existed because now all I can think about is Mac and Cheese.
- I'm so glad when I was 11 cell phones, texting, facebook weren't a thing. But I guess for this girl she kinda owns the texting thing.
- Even though texting wasn't a thing back then, I'm glad snapchat is now. I'm obsessed and you guys should follow me. >>> kgrace01 Oh, and after you add me on snapchat, you should read this post from Helene about snapchat and why bloggers should use it!
- Erin, over at Well Plated has crafted a BLT Grilled Cheese. You are welcome.
- One of the main reasons I grew my hair long is to put it in cool braids. One thing, I can't really braid. Luckily for me and all of you, Helene at Helene in Between gave us all something to watch and learn from! (yes, second post from Helene in Between, what can I say, I have a blogger crush).
- Guys, graham cracker ice cream sandwiches. Man, oh man. Samantha at The Samantha Show is killing it.
- I know what cocktail I'm making this weekend, blackberry margaritas.
- S'more Dip. Yep.