Lat year was such a huge year. It's hard to believe 2016 will top it, but I am more than ready and more than excited to see how it does. In 2016, three of my best friends, that are pregnant, will have their babies, two of my best friends are getting married, Adam and I are hopefully buying a new house and we have some amazing trips scattered throughout the year.
I can already tell 2016 is going to be awesome.
To prepare for all that, I have 8 'resolutions' for the big 2-0-1-6. I put resolutions in quotes because they're not quite resolutions as they are goals.
Merriam Webster defines a resolution as (1) the act of finding an answer or solution to a conflict, problem ect (2) an answer or solution. That definition doesn't really fit my plans for 2016. Instead - I'm looking towards my 2016 goals. Goals: Something that you are trying to do or achieve.
- Grow my blog. In 2015, I worked really hard at being consistent, posting good and interesting content, engaging with readers and other bloggers and even launching my sponsorship program. In 2016, I want this space of mine to only get better and better. I want to grow my social media reach, meet more amazing bloggers and readers and continue this little space on the web.
- Buy a house. Adam and I started working on this goal late in 2015 and we realized that people don't like to sell their house when its Christmas. Who woulda thought :) So, in 2016 I want to get up and running and find a new home.
- Be better about my diet and working out. I preach a healthy balance. Work hard but reward yourself. I still believe in that motto, but I really want to focus on rehabbing my knee even more so, going to Pure Barre at least 4 times and week and eating healthier.
- Create new recipes: The holidays make it so hard to create interesting recipes because life is so busy that I'm making what I know because it's easy. I really want to bring all my readers (& my husband) new, intriguing and delicious recipes!
- Be a better wife, friend, daughter, sister, aunt (& any other title I have): I try my best to be a loving, encouraging wife. I try my best to call my friends regularly to catch up. I call my parents every day. I Facetime my nieces and nephews. But it kind of always seems like I'm being pulled so thin that I'm not doing the best job I can. This year I want to connect better, be more involved and present.
- #5 brings me to this: Be present. Electronics definitely controls my life. Computers, cell phone, TV, radio, blogs, Instagram, Twitter. Yes, it's a part of my business, but there's a time and place for it. I want to get better at turning it off, shutting it down and being present.
- Go to church every single Sunday. We are sporadic in our church going attempts. This needs to be our highest priority.
- Travel. Last year was all wedding brain and all wedding travel all year. This year I want to make it a point to go on a vacation that's just for Adam and I (even if other people are there). Go on a couples trip, go to Tahoe, visit friends in their homes, see new places. We're young, but we're not getting any younger. It's time to embrace the opportunity before dogs turn into kids.
What are your goals? Cheers to 2016 everyone!