I saw this recipe on Pinterest and with some modifications, I made it my own. I am obsessed with salmon. All kinds, prepared all ways and am super excited to share this one with you.
Things I would change? I would add some spice to it. It had a nice flavor. But I love things spicy - so next time I might add some Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper or even some red pepper flakes. I think just that little addition would turn this one-foil salmon into the best.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- A bunch of asparagus
- 2 slices of onions
- 4 slices of lemon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the two pieces of salmon in a medium bowl. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle salt, pepper and dry oregano over salmon.
- Cut two pieces of foil.
- First place asparagus (about 8 spears) on the sheet of foil.
- Layer fillets over asparagus, then top each with about 2 onion slices and 2 lemon slices.
- Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold on top and bottom of foil to enclose.
- Place foil packets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Unwrap and using a large spatula, transfer the foil packets to plates and serve warm.
I love skinny asparagus
look at those beautiful colors!
salmon and side all in one little package
Enjoy everyone! What's your favorite salmon recipe?