I would say the opinion of Valentine's Day is split 50/50 with more leaning towards not liking it than liking it. I get it. People think it's Hallmarks holiday - that its too commercial and that "if you love someone everyday should be valentines day."
And sure, while I agree with some of those sentiments, I think it's also such a great holiday to remind everyone, not just a significant other, that you love them. And, hey, I love chocolate, flowers and a good dinner. So, I can't really hate.
But, hey, I'm a newly-wed and this is a Letter to My Forever Valentine. When we got married we chose to do traditional vows, which left out any room for improv. This is my little way of telling Adam all those things I promise to him.
- I promise to never say no to pizza.
- I promise to always fold your undershirts.
- I promise to cheer for your football team, basketball team, hockey team, baseball team and whatever other team you want as long as I have wine.
- I promise not to buy coconut flavored La Croix. Who really likes those anyways.
- I promise to never make you watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills or any other housewife show.
- I promise to only make cauliflower rice every other month so you don't have to smell it.
- I promise to sit with you at the bar on Saturday when one of the aforementioned teams is playing, as long as there are nachos, wings and beer.
- I promise to always try and make you laugh.
- I promise to only ask you to take pictures of me for the blog on occasion.
- I promise to go skiing with you once my ACL is healed.
- I promise to leave you all the coconut Lara bars and to eat all the cherry ones.
- I promise to watch Game of Thrones with you as long as it is on TV.
- I promise to always hate the Yankees and love the Red Sox.
- I promise that even though you want to name our kid Henry, I won't let you. [side-note readers - our dogs name is Henry and I'm not pregnant]
- I promise you that when you're old, I won't let you wear berets like that guy we saw in the grocery store.
- I promise to love you always.
What are you thoughts on Valentine's Day? Did you write a post about it? I wanna see it!
Link up below!