My husband is more of a beef kind of guy, so when I found this recipe, I knew it was the perfect combination of my favorite meal and my husbands. That is what I can a win/win.
The best part about this meal and most of the meals I post? 1) It was so easy and 2) It was made in a crockpot 3) it is healthier than takeout. Yes.
Here's reason #334 I'm a bad blogger, I forgot to take pictures, except for the final product. But to be honest, you put all the ingredients in the crock pot and boom.
- 1.5 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
- ⅔ cup coconut aminos
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 4 tablespoons cold water
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker. Add steak, beef broth, coconut aminos, coconut sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- Minutes before serving, uncover the slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk corn starch and water until dissolved. Add to slow cooker and stir. Cover and allow to cook another 20-25 minutes.
- Just before serving, place broccoli in a large tupperware, fill with ½ inch of water, and place the lid on in an off-set manner so that the container can vent. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Drain, stir broccoli into slow cooker, and serve. Top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!