That is seriously one of the best compliments you can get from your husband. Besides you're so pretty, you're so smart or you're the coolest. But hey, it's a compliment and I love it.
The best part? This recipe is so easy. Like, anyone can make easy. But also the best.
Adam and I were wondering the grocery store one Friday after work (yes, we're old folks) and we came across a guy cooking sausage in the meat department giving away free samples.
The guy offers, Adam passes -- noooo thanks (he's a germaphobe) and I'm over here stuffing food in my face. I'm not ashamed, I love free samples. After my third tester, I convinced Adam that he had to try.
One taste, he was hooked and that became our dinner choice for the evening. Now to Pinterest to find the perfect recipe. Except that I couldn't. I found various recipes that looked okay, but I could not find the one.
I took suggestions from about 8 recipes and I totally nailed it.
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1lb. package of pre-cooked sausage (Italian or whatever flavor links you like), sliced
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into thin circles
- First combine the dry seasoning mix in a small bowl and set aside
- Next brown the pre-cooked sausage slices in a large skillet with a little coconut oil over medium heat – transfer sausage to a plate and set aside.
- Cook the shrimp, about 4 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Next add the onions, peppers, zucchini and seasoning mix to the pan - cook everything for about 5 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste (and any additional seasonings you'd like)
- Grab the sausage and shrimp you set aside and toss back into the pan with the veggies to reheat for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the 1/2 cup of beef and the two tablespoons of tomato paste. Let simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot from skillet to plate and enjoy!
Step 1: Cook the sausage and (not pictured) the shrimp
Step 2: Cook all the veggies, add the seasonings and the meats.
Not pictured - add in the tomato paste and beef broth
Step 3: Add goat cheese and eat everything.
Guys, I'm not lying when I say this is one of the best and easiest meals. It is so flavorful and for all of you who love meats or who have husbands, this is the meal for you.
Plus, what's better than everything in one pan. You know how I feel about easy cleanup.