It's no secret that I love spicy food. Spicy buffalo chicken wraps. Spicy chicken tortilla soup. Spicy coconut chicken. Horseradish Salmon. Carne Asada Tacos. Spicy kale chips.
I also really love easy recipes. It was one of those nights and I had gotten home from Pure Barre late and had no idea what to make. I had a pork tenderloin in the freezer and all the other ingredients are ones most people have in their pantry.
I had made chicken the last 4 days in a row and I knew Adam would not want chicken, so pork it was. My other favorite pork tenderloin recipe is this honey glazed one, but I wanted a change/needed one. Luckily, after a few modifications, I had crafted the best spicy pork tenderloin.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle an oven-safe pan or skillet (such as a cast-iron skillet) with the olive oil and preheat on the stove over medium-high heat til the oil is hot.
- Whisk together all rub ingredients. Sprinkle the rub mixture all over the tenderloin and use your fingers to massage into the meat.
- Place tenderloin in skillet and allow to brown for 3-4 minutes, turning the meat throughout to sear on all sides.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together and spread mixture over the tenderloin. Transfer to preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Cut tenderloin into 1-inch thick slices. Use a spoon to drizzle the glaze from the pan all over the tenderloin just before serving.
So many delicious seasonings.
It makes a thick glaze, but don't worry, it melts nicely.
Look how delicious it looks!
Searing is important before you put it in the oven.
Once you're done, start devouring. The best part, it makes your house smell amazing! Happy Wednesday everyone! Cheers to hump day and to delicious dinners!