Looking for step-by-step recipes, pictures of Henry and old school rap? Doesn't that just sound like a dream. It is. Trust me, follow me, like me.
Anyways, if you were following me on Snapchat about a week ago, you would have watched me make taco soup. Have I told you lately how much I love soup, especially spicy soup. I love it. Plus, it's been raining in Denver for weeks so soup has been necessary.
A little preface to taco soup. It's literally the spiciest thing ever. When I make it again, I'm going to modify it. I'll put the original recipe in black and then add in my new modifications in red. Go with the red. Trust me.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 tablespoons chili powder - 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin - 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)- don't use this.
- 4oz cans diced green chiles - I used tomatoes with green chilies
- 18 oz diced tomatoes - See above, I subbed tomatoes for tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can tomato paste, just to thicken it up a bit
How to Make:Guys, this is why I'm a bad blogger. I posted on snapchat and forgot to save them. Weeps.
- Put everything in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or, if you are like me, until you're home from work.
- Break up the meat, stir.
- Top with avocado and cheese.
Follow me on snap!