Recipe [Recreated] will be recipes I have discovered from other blogs/books/ect and have not created on my own. With all of the Recipes [Recreated], I have done something a little different; added my own flair, but the idea/suggestion comes from someone else.
Reason ONE for doing this is I want to be honest with you about where and how I come up with recipes and TWO I want to give credit where credit is due! I never want a blogger/chef to feel slighted.
It's all about sharing the love people!
This burger recipe is from my favorite Paleo Website, PaleoOMG. She just came out with a cookbook and my girl, Callie got it for me for my birthday! AH! It's seriously the greatest. She shares paleo ketchup, paleo truffle sauce and everything and anything, I reference it about 10 times a week. It's my favorite.
- 1 pound ground beef
- half of a yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 cup crimini mushroom, sliced (mine and Adam's fav!)
- 4 eggs
- 1 batch truffle aioli (mayo (paleo) and truffle oil)
- prosciutto (so much, so good)
- salt and pepper
How to Make:
- In a large bowl, mix all burger ingredients until combined. Make as many patties as you like. (Making the toppings took me a while, so I threw them in the fridge until I was closer to being done).
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a saute pan, medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until clear (about 4 minutes). When clear, add the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Cook the burgers. I cooked mine on the stove because it was 105 degrees out and Adam didn't feel like grilling.
- While cooking, cook eggs over easy. Adam doesn't LOVE runny eggs, so he left an egg off his. I loved my egg.
- Make the burgers. Burger, aioli, shallot/mushroom mixture, avocado, prosciutto, and of course the egg.
Want some delicious sweet potato fries to go with your burger? My recipe is here!