I literally save at least 2 of the videos a day, claiming that I'm going to make that mini creme brûlée or those chocolate caramel pretzel pinwheels one day. I've been saving those videos for about 4 months now and have yet to make one recipe.
Until today. While I was
Spicy Coconut Tomato Chicken. I was pretty pumped when I found it because I love everything spicy. Besides the fact that it took me longer than the one minute Tasty video demonstration, it was delicious. I just really wish rice was paleo because plain chicken and veggies is just not as cool.
Oh, and the house smelled incredible. But my pictures were way less pretty than Tasty makes it look. And, I changed some things. Alright, let's do this.
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. of ginger
- a scoop of peppercinis
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 scoop of tomato paste and 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- A sprinkling (maybe 2 teaspoons) chipotle chili powder
- Chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish (I didn't do this)
How to make:
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- In a large pot, brown chicken in olive oil. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same pot, add garlic, ginger, pepperocinis and onions. Cook until translucent. Pour in the tomato paste and sauce, unsweetened coconut milk and chicken broth.
- Add the chicken back to the pot. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 45 - 60 minutes.Serve with rice. Garnish with cilantro or parsley. I didn't do any of this. Weeps.
Things I learned/thought while making this tasty meal:
- The videos make it seem way easier than it is.
- I really need either a cell phone stand to video myself making them or convince Adam to be a blogger-husband. We're getting there.
- Learn how to speed up videos. This meal literally took me an hour. Can you imagine a video an hour long of me simmering chicken. I'm already laughing.
- Whoever is making the video has tiny hands.
- Where do I get one of those portable cook-tops?
- (half-way in) - is this worth it?
- (when I was done) - oh totally.
- Adam walked in half-way through and I told him I was making a tasty meal and his hopes were smashed when I told him it wasn't the mini creme brûlée cakes. One day babe. One day.
Let's be real, this is Tasty's picture - I didn't take any good ones.