If you're here because you saw my intro post on Instagram, welcome! I love that you stopped by.
If you're a constant reader, welcome back!
A simple intro: My name is Kristen, wife to Adam, dog-mom to Henry and Lola. Henry and Lola are my kids, so no I do not have human babies (yet) but my heart and hands are full with my fur babies. My full time job is as an attorney, but my dream job is to be full time here, as a blogger. I live in Denver and am coming up on my 3 year anniversary here, which is nuts.
I'm a Jesus loving, champagne drinking, dog obsessed, TV lover, almost 30-year old girl who is finally starting to figure out my life. If you didn't get that subtlety, I am almost 30 and am still coming to grips for what that means for my life. All I know now is that I love the life I'm growing up in to. I think 30 is going to be great. I like being older.
I love to write about the good stuff, the bad stuff and the delicious stuff. I occasionally write about food, am getting better at instagraming clothes and I write a lot about the Bachelor.
Bullet Facts - lets go:
- I don't have a favorite food - it changes daily. Hamburger, tacos, sushi, take out chinese food. Literally depends on the minute of the day.
- I'm allergic to melon, all kinds.
- I have an email folder on my comptuer of every encouraging email my dad has ever sent me. I also have a paper folder for all the newspaper clippings he's ever mailed.
- I like dogs more than I like most people
- I am super techy. Just this morning my mom called asking for help on her computer. My mother-in-law also calls,. I'm good and maybe in the wrong field.
- I still play candy crush saga. It's embarrassing, but I love it and am on level 750.
- I'm currently binge watching This is Us. I have cried in every single episode. It's my favorite show.
- I have kept a paper planner since I was in high school. Call me when your phone crashes, I'll tell you when anyone's birthday or anniversary is.
- Feet are the grossest body part to me. And yes, that is taking into consideration butts.
- Cards are the best part of any gift. I have never given a gift without a card. Even for babies.
- Country music is the best music, except Miranda Lambert. Sors.
- I've never seen Forest Gump, Armageddon, Gladiator, The Godfather (any of them) or Braveheart. Adam told me I have to change this immediately.
- Sunday-Thursday, you will find me in bed before 9pm. I am a grandma and I love it.
- I actively despise all Kardashians except for Khloe.
- I've been best friends with my best friends since I was 13. We talk every single day.
- I am an aunt to FIVE (soon to be SIX) nieces and nephews.
- At any point, if you look at my phone, you will never see a notification. The red 1's make me crazy.
- I've lived in a lot of places CO--> AZ --> CA -->Italy--> CA--> MA --> AZ --> NE --> CO.
- I cry at least once a day. Not sad cries, but a good song or TV show (or the National Anthem) can really send me over the edge.
- I talk to my mom at least 3x a day. She doesn't tell me, but I'm pretty sure sometimes she wonders what else we have to talk about.
- I only fly Southwest Airlines. In fact, I'm A-list, what what and today I'm jumping state lines to Nebraska for a little bachelorette fest.
Happy Friday friends. It's supposed to be 80 degrees in Denver today. There is something about spring that just feels so damn good. Like when you walk outside and the sun is warm but the breeze is cool. Everyone is in a better mood because warm weather means patio happy hours and more walks outside. Oh, I am so glad Spring is here on Monday.
A little quote for your weekend, "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company …a church …a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past …we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.”
Now, tell me something good. Tell me something about you.