My parents arrived last night and I am so excited they are here and they get to be here for a snowy weekend in Denver. My mom always says that she wouldn't mind a little cold. Welp, I think Denver and mother nature heard her loud and clear. We are in for a chilly semi-snowy weekend.
There is nothing better than having my parents in town. I just love it. Sometimes I tell Adam that I don't feel like an adult and we're living in this house playing make believe house. It gives me comfort to have adults in the house, my parents specifically.
This outfit has quickly become on of my go-tos. This shirt is literally my favorite shirt. I wear it probably a little too often. And who knew mom-jeans would be my favorite pair of jeans! I call them mom jeans because they are very high-waisted and have a little longer of a crotch than most skinny jeans.
Yesterday, while in a daze at work, I was day dreaming about all the good things, all the things that make me happy. I posted a quote on the blog a while ago and I think about it often -->
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
- Thomas Rhett came out with a new song today, "Craving you." It's so good. You can listen to it below.
- Juli at Paleo OMG is killing the food game with her Seared Ahi Tuna Sushi Bowls. I am dying to make this soon.
- Ashley at Afternoon Espresso is styling her baby bump in the cutest way with this target slip dress. I know where I'm headed after work! I think the slip dress is going to be the cutest summer trend.
- Natalie and I went to college together at Pepperdine and is now absolutely killing the blog game, jewelry making game and mama game. She makes the cutest jewelry ever and I'm dying over this Chrissy necklace. It's almost my name which means I should probably buy it, right?
- I am currently obsessed with bell sleeves and white pants. It all feels so summery to me. Caitlin at Southern Curls and Pearls has styled my dream outfit.
- Taylor at Daily Tay just became an aunt again, so I can totally relate to her on this post: How to be the fun aunt. That is my daily objective. How do I make my nieces and nephews love me the most. It's a constant struggle. This post is hilar.
- I am so glad sneakers are becoming popular again. Do we call them sneakers or tennis shoes? I may never get it right, but Gucci sure did with these embroidered rose sneakers. Now, how do I convince Adam that $695 is justifiable if they're Gucci and I promise to wear them all the time.
This is my "I'm casually sitting on the ground in an alley just
because I loved this brick wall" face.
"Wanna stand in the middle of the road with the wind viciously blowing?"
Sure! I love that my photog friend is super adventurous.
We got so lucky on this day because it was March but so sunny, so warm and I was actually sweating in this picture. Glorious.
Happy Friday dear friends. I hope you have such a wonderful weekend. Here's to choosing happy.