I reached a point where coming here became a chore.
I felt like I had to write to "keep readers."
I just had to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard if we're being literal.
I was writing because I had too... not because what I thought what I was writing was funny or insightful or brilliant or even interesting.
I was writing beside I felt like I was supposed to be writing.
But ya know what? Some cool things happened when I took a hiatus.
- Literally the second I posted my hiatus post, I was flooded with ideas and things I desperately wanted to write about and share. I felt inspired again.
- The free time I had from blogging I spent with my husband, reading books (for fun!) and enjoying my life in the present
- I had knee surgery- okay so that wasn't a cool thing that happened, but it did happen (more on that later)
- I realized that the blogger friends I'd met were still there, liking my Instagram, retweeting my tweets and it reminded me why I love this little space that I've created and the friends I've met.
- I missed blogging. This was so important. I wanted to make sure I still loved blogging and that I was being authentic.
So after all that, I'm back. I'm ready to get involved, be involved and stick around for awhile, I hope you'll take me back. I hope you'll stick around.
New to Everyday Grace? Stay tuned, tomorrow is a full re-introduction to me, Kristen, the girl behind the blog, Everyday Grace in general and all things grace. Until then, why not take it back to blog post number 1, where it all began.
Welcome back to Everyday Grace. I'm glad to be back, now let's do some good.