But then I found out its not all nude pics and naughty parts. It's walks on the red carpet with Ryan Seacrest. It's behind the scenes at Good Morning America before the cast of Pretty Little Liars goes on and it's church on Wednesday with friends. I love snapchat. I find myself checking it immediately after Instagram.
I love when I see my friends post stories or when Coti sends me endless funny pictures and faces. Snapchat is all the rage. And if you're not on it, you're missing out.
When I first downloaded Snapchat, I legit had no clue what I was doing or how to use it. And like most thing, it takes some time getting used too. But since I would hate for any of you to miss out, here is a brief tutorial for all you newbies out there (I'm talking to you mom).
PS. All these names, I'm just making them up as we go.
- Camera Mode: When you first open Snapchat, it'll be your camera and you'll either see your self(ie) or your camera will be facing out.
- On camera mode you'll see a variety of things: (a) At the very top center is a little ghost. If you swipe down on the ghost you'll be able to add friends, see your friends or see who's added you. To add friends, click add friends and then either add from address book (where you can see people from your phone contacts), add by username (physically type in their name) or the other options, which I never use.
- Under the little ghost, you'll also see the settings button in the top right. This is where you can set your username, email, privacy settings ect. To get out of this, swipe thearrow on the bottom, up - back to camera mode.
- In camera mode, on the top right of camera mode is where you can reverse the camera to either take a selfie or take an outside facing picture.
- Okay, go back to camera mode: if you swipe right, you'll go to your notification page. This is where you will see all snaps that people send you, who's added you or who's written you. In the top left, you'll see a little quote box, this is where you can "chat" with people. Swipe left to go back to camera mode.
- In camera mode, swipe right to go to Stories and Friends. If you've added friends and they have stories, this is where you'll see them under recent updates.
- Recent updates are stories friends create that last for up to 24 hours. This is where you can see the red carpet and stories from friends and celebrities. Just click on their name and boom, story. (I'll explain how to add friends below).
- Discover is where you'll see popular stories from places like Buzzfeed, I Heart Radio, ect.
- Live is where you'll see live stories from around the globe. Things like NCAA tournament from random peoples perspectives, St Patrick's Day events, ect. These stories are compiled by Snapchat via random peoples snaps. You'll see different peoples stories all in one.
Step 6, 7, 8 & 9
So those are all the basic things. Now I'll tell ya how to do the fun stuff:
- To create a story: Start in camera mode and either record a 10 second video or take a picture. On the bottom, the big arrow facing right allows you to share it with friends or share it to your story. If you share to your story, you will be able to see it on the stories page (#6 above).
- Picture options: When you take a picture, you'll see some options. Let's start at the top of the screen, there's an X to cancel what you just took. There's a little square to add emojis. A T to write text or a pencil to draw. On the bottom, there is a timer which only shows when you take a picture. This allows you to decide how long someone can view the picture. The arrow pointing down shares it to your story. The arrow pointing right shares with friends or to your story.
- Add a funny filter: Open camera mode and make sure the camera is facing you. While looking into the camera, hold your thumb on the screen on your face until your face is framed. On the bottom, you'll see the different filter options. Scan through, have fun, take pics and send them out!
- Add a different filter: When you take a picture or video, swipe right and you'll see different overlay filters, fast forward option, slow mo option, backwards options, temperature, speed and different filters depending on your location.
Those are the basics. Are you reading for so many funny snap stories and videos? Now that you know the secrets, here is my favorite list of people to follow!
- Me, obvs. Find me at Kgrace01
- Charlotte from Charlotte's Little Web: Find her at Charslittleweb
- Sophia Bush: Find her at sophiabushsnaps
- Selena Gomez: Find her at selenagomez
- Kylie Jenner: I know, I know. Find her at kylizzlemynizzl
- Kristine from South of Plum: Find her at baxstar23
- Taylor Wolfe from the Daily Tay: Find her at thedailytay
- Helene from Helene in Between: Find her at helenesula
- Morgan Stewart from Rich Kids of Beverly Hills: Find her at Boobssandloubss
- Kelsey from Candidly Kelsey Blog:Find her at iamkelskels
- Shay Mitchell from Pretty Little Liars: Find her at officialshaym
- Stassi Schroeder from Vanderpump Rules: Find her at stassischroeder
- Ryan Seacrest: Find him at ryanseacrest
- Cara Loren: Find her at caralorenvb