Yes, my knee brace is huge and very obvious, but you would be shocked at some of the comments I get. Mind you, 99.9% of these are from people I have never met before. Are you ready for this?
- Wow, you must suck at skiing if that was the end result.
- You are way to young to have knee surgery.
- Can you drive?
- Oh, you had surgery on your ACL and meniscus? I've had surgery on both knees three times and they've repaired by ACL, MCL, PCL, both meniscus and they gave me a new brain implant.
- Did you do that on purpose?
- That would never happen to me because I was such a good skier at your age that I got asked to ski in the Olympics but I said no.
- How do you function?
- Your husband must be embarrassed to be seen with you. (Yes, someone actually said that)
- Can you do anything?
- How do you sleep/
- Are you ever gonna ski again? You better not ski again, that would be so stupid.
- You must not be very athletic.
- I hope you don't do anything and tear it again.
So yeah, I've gotten the slew of comments, but ya know what, today I am 6 weeks out and that is worth celebrating! Today marks the light at the end of the tunnel. 6 weeks post surgery, one month until bar results, one month and one week until the Taylor Swift concert, one month and two weeks until Michigan and then it's basically the holidays.
So to celebrate me, I'm going to celebrate you, all my readers. How about a giveaway? One thing that I love to splurge on for celebrations is Starbucks. I mean, it's fall, pumpkin spice lattes are here, who doesn't love starbucks. Enter below for your chance to win a $35 Starbucks gift card!