Happy Tuesday everyone! Did you know today is National Sandwich Day? Which means you can go to Subway and buy one sandwich, get one free. So get out there sandwich people, today is your holiday!
Anyways, arbitrary holidays are my favorite holidays, because they don't involve buying presents, but they always involve celebrating! And, of course, any time I can reference Friends is always a good thing in my book.
I found the recipe for the sandwich bread on Lexi's Clean Kitchen. I think replicating good whole wheat sandwich bread is the hardest part about paleo. I've tried multiple types of bread, some that are so bad I refuse to share them with you. But, honestly, this recipe is really delicious and really easy to make!
Adam's favorite food is sandwiches so he was super pumped when I told him that I was attempting another kind of bread. As always I left the type of sandwich and toppings up to him and this is what he came up with!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon palm shortening
- 1/4 cu[ unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of sea salt
- Goat Cheese
- Red Onion
- Dijon Mustard
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, soda and sea salt.
- Add in eggs, apple sauce and palm shortening. Mix.
- Place greased rounds on a greased cookie sheet. Pour batter into molds, about half way full (depending on how big your molds are)
- I didn't have molds, so thanks to my smart thinking mama, I made some out of tinfoil. They worked great!
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice in half and make your sandwich!
my homemade molds!
a little leaky, but great in a pinch!
they taste soooo much better than they look, swear.
yep. so delicious.