The recipe was pretty easy and my house smelled incredible. I'm pretty sure there is nothing better than the smell of bread baking in the oven. Maybe the smell of red wine while you're baking bread, but regardless, bread. (if you're counting, bread was said 9 times, now 10 times in this post, you're welcome).
Okay, what you've been waiting for, the recipe!
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter (I heated mine up a bit to make it easier to stir), eggs, coconut oil, honey and apple cider vinegar together with a hand blender.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flaxseed, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the dough into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes until browned.
- Remove from oven and allow loaf to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy for up to one week. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
secret; microwave the almond butter, makes it easier to mix
I think the secret ingredient is the flaxseed, it's so good.
the real picture should be me attempting to pour the batter in here.
cut your parchment paper bigger than I did.
but seriously, how great does that look.
Spicy Chicken Sandwich.
I used the recipe for the chicken from my buffalo chicken wraps.
Ingredients for sandwiches:
- 1 pound chicken
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- goat cheese
How to Make:
- Mix the chicken with all the spices.
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Cook chicken about 3 minutes on each side.
- Make sandwiches!
- EAT! Enjoy!