When I first made this recipe the entire loaf fell apart. When I made this the second time, it was about inch thick and kind of mushy. When I made this recipe the third time, it was devoured in two days. I think it's safe to say I've semi mastered this one. I'm still trying to modify it, but I promise, this is so delicious.
- 2 medium bananas- mashed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 340F.
- Line a small loaf tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash your bananas and add in your honey, vanilla, melted butter/coconut oil, applesauce and eggs.
- Mix in your coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and almond meal and allow to sit for two minutes. The mix will look really runny at first, but the coconut flour will soon absorb the liquid and form a thicker batter.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour your banana bread mixture into your prepared loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes to an hour or until your loaf is cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the middle removes clean.
tip: these are frozen bananas!