Let me tell you, driving a U-Haul from Arizona to Denver is going to be a long drive, but man oh man, do I love a good road-trip.
The most important thing to have on a road-trip is a great playlist. This can be tricky when driving with your husband. Especially when said husband doesn't love blasting Carrie Underwood for 12 hours straight. Sometimes I think I will never understand men.
[short road-trip story] One time I was driving back to school in California from Arizona and Dreamgirls had just come out. I was obsessed with Beyonce. I could not stop listening to Listen. I legit, listened to listen (does that alliteration annoy anyone else? no? okay) anyways, I listened to Listen for 7 straight hours. I am not lying. Except to go to the bathroom, I never turned it off. By the time I got to Malibu, I had lost my voice, but man, my road-trip rocked. Now only if Adam would let me do that on our upcoming 12 hour road-trip.
- A song to jam out to when you are getting tired.
- A song for when you want to cry.
- A song that everyone knows the words too.
- A song that is just good driving music.
- A new jam that you love and by the time the road-trip is over you will be sick of.
- An oldie.
- A song for when you want to think about life.
- A song you can belt.
- A song that will make you laugh.
- A song you can listen to on repeat and not get sick of.
- A sad song (yes I see this relates to #2, but car rides can be a good time for these kind of jams)
- A goodie.
- One good rap song.
Happy Road-tripping friends! I hope the next time you hit the open road, you have a great playlist, a great road-trip buddy and maybe even a swanky new car!
What's on your playlist?