I've told you I love Lexi's Clean Kitchen... but did I tell you how much? Well I think recipe #2 in one week from her blog has to be some indication. Introducing fried plantains. I've never made these before so I was kind of hesitant. Everyone just kept telling me they're like bananas, so I thought, why would I want to make fried "bananas." Well, Adam has officially burned out on sweet potatoes, so I needed something else to make as a "carby" side. News flash, fried plantains are delicious and I'll totally be making them again! Plus, they're super easy to make. Enjoy everyone!
- 2 yellow plantains
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt
How to Make:
- Cut plantains into desired pieces. (Next time I'll be cutting mine thinner)
- Heat oil in your skillet until hot.
- Place cut plantains into the skillet
- Flip after 4-5 minutes
- Remove, transfer to plate with paper towels and pat dry.
- Add salt. (I kept the cinnamon on the side, Adam wasn't too interested it in)
so, you're right... it totally looks like a banana.
the thicker cut plantains took longer to fry so next time I'll totally cut them thinner.
on their way to deliciousness.
fried and delicious. enjoy!