Today marks our two year anniversary of living in Denver! It's hard to believe that it's been that long, but then it also seems like we've always been here.
When I wrote this post one year ago, we weren't married, we were living in an apartment and we were still trying to get around without having to use google maps. While google maps is still heavily relied on today, we manage to get ourselves around pretty good without it!
This last year has been so awesome. We got married! We honeymooned! We celebrated 10 years out of high school. We went to weddings. I had knee surgery. I failed. We grew. We bought a house! We traveled.
I've learned a lot in our last two years in Denver. Most of it has to do with food or beverages, but still, I learned a lot. I think it's safe to say that going into year two, Adam and I finally feel like we belong here. It took us a while to find our groove, but we're here and we're happy.
- I've learned that if you are craving chicken and waffles, you must go to Devil's Food in Wash Park.
- If you want to bring your dog to the mountains, the Doubletree in Breckenridge is amazing - they give you a Dog in Room sign, plus all the dog bones Henry could eat.
- If you want to buy a house, you should definitely use Jenelle at Supreme Realty Group.
- The weather is crazy in Denver and snow will fall on your Directv dish and it will break and you won't have TV for 5 days.
- Home Depot on a Saturday is fun when you're with your husband and trying to figure out what shower door liner is best. Answer - they don't sell your brand of shower door liner at Home Depot.
- The beer at Epic Brewing Company is the best. Try the Brainless on Peaches or Raspberries. You won't be sorry.
- I know my way to and from the airport better than most. That's what happens when you're taking flights to and from all the time.
- I can make better nachos then the ones they sell at Los Arcos. Sorry guys.
- Mr. Donuts has better donuts than Dunkin. Make sure you try the apple fritter.
- Always carry a coat. Once minute 75 degrees, one minute 35 degrees.
- Furniture stores going out of business makes for really great deals on furniture, but next time we'll rethink how we're going to get a 200 pound desk in the house with just Adam and I.
- If you're in the fast lane on I-25 during rush hour, you won't get there any faster than if you're walking.
- A blizzard that brings 17 inches of snow to your neighborhood does not close the Courts and you are still required to go to work. But shoveling is really fun.
- Just because you move, friendships still last. It just dates phone dates and surprise visits.
- If you want to entertain kids for an entire day, the children's museum is where it's at. And, it's even fun for adults.
- Joe at Budget Blinds is the best. He'll even come at 8:00 pm to install your blinds because he knows you hate living in a fish bowl.
- The bar tender at Cuba Cuba on Delaware Street serves the best mojitos. The bar tender at La Fogata serves the strongest margarita.
- The Dam Road is the best damn view in the city. Trust me, take a little drive.
- If you want a romantic dinner, go to Chiani in Greenwood Village. It's super intimate and has the best Italian food. Oh, and the wine, forget about it;
- I've learned that it's really hard to move when you're an adult. But I've always learned that when you start to embrace your city, it embraces you right back. Proud to be a Coloradoan.