Sunday was a blur which required an easy meal. I needed something that was filling, healthy and didn't require a lot of prep. In my world, that is usually a salad, something Adam isn't super fond of. This means I have to get super creative with my salad creations. Enter this Chicken Thai Salad. I got the inspiration from this Buzzfeed. It was a bit bland for my liking so I spiced it up!
It turned out so delicious, a little spicy and Adam even went back for seconds!
Needless to say, Monday came too quick with too little coffee. However, I'm still dreaming of this chicken salad.
- 1 bag of butter lettuce (my fav!)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 chicken breast
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- red jalapeno, diced (use only half if wanting to reduce spice)
- 2 shallots, sliced very thin
How to make:
- Salt and pepper chicken and cook until tender. Set aside and slice thin.
- Prepare the veggies! Toss the salad ingredients (sans chicken) in a large bowl!
- Make the dressing. Mix well!
- Toss the dressing the in salad, mix well!
- Plate the salad, top with chicken.
Happy Monday everyone! Here's hoping its a great one!