I searched and searched until I found what looked like a decent recipe to me. I found 3 different recipes and put them together and to my huge surprise the chips were actually pretty delicious! Now don't think this means I'm going to become a kale loving paleo eater, but it definitely opened my mind to more kale possibilities. Now, I had to watch some youtube videos to figure out how to prepare kale, aka taking the stalk out ect, so if you have any suggestions or ideas, I would love your advice! Or if you have any other delicious kale recipes you think a non-kale lover would enjoy, please share! Without further ado, the recipe. Enjoy peeps!
- 1/2 bunch kale leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Remove the kale leaves from the stems and tear into pieces. Wash the leaves and dry! Make sure the leaves are very dry or else they will get soggy.
- Put the kale in a large bowl.
- Massage the olive oil in to leaves, make sure it gets in all the cracks.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on and massage that it nice and good.
- Spread the kale out on a baking sheet. Make sure its just one layer or it won't cook evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the kale around, move it around and put it back in for another 10 minutes.
get those stems outa there
feel free to mix up your spices based on what you like!
i love spicy, so chili powder was perfect for my tastes.
make sure they're spread out!
the finished product!