Life gets busy. Life is busy. Sometimes life moves so fast that it's hard to stop and look around and enjoy it. For example, it's 75 degrees and sunny in Denver. It's time I stop, take a walk outside and enjoy a little bit of the day. Because lets be real, before you know it, it's gonna be 20 degrees and snowing. Today I'm taking my cue from Ferris Bueller's Day Off:
Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.Today I am all about celebrating life and the things I love. I've written posts like this before and I love them, because when I'm having a bad day or just need some loving, I look back an am instantly reminded of how good life is and how #blessed I am.
20 Things I am loving right now:
- Being able to walk around for 7 hours yesterday and my knee still feels great. Granted I had to ice my knee like 7 times today, but it's the little things.
- Birthdays, see below!
- Henry, so fresh and clean after a bath.
- This device that will help me take selfies with Henry. Except Henry doesn't fetch...or take selfies.
- Productive Sundays that prepare you for Mondays.
- The glass of red wine I'm enjoying right now while watching the Broncos and writing this post.
- Skyping with my nephew this morning.
- Taylor Swift making this little boys dream come true.
- My hubby getting us Starbucks this am so that we can both be #basic with our fall lattes.
- All my upcoming trips! Omaha (I'm coming for you Taylor Swift), Michigan, to celebrate love and then a Denver holiday with some of my best girls (& their husbands!)
- My new office!
- The chicken casserole I'm sharing on the blog tomorrow, get pumped, it's delicious.
- The Pope saying this about 9/11 during his visit to the States. How incredible it was to have such an incredible man in our county. "Here, amid pain and grief, we also have a palpable sense of the heroic goodness which people are capable of, those hidden reserves of strength from which we can draw. ... This place of death became a place of life too, a place of saved lives, a hymn to the triumph of life over the prophets of destruction and death, to goodness over evil, to reconciliation and unity over hatred and division."
- That fall is technically here, but Denver is still giving us some taste of summer.
- Pentatonix's cover of Where are U Now.
- Blog friends! I recently met Carly via the blog world and I guest posted with her and she guest posted with me. I love the relationships I'm building through this amazing blogger community.
- Football - this is a suggestion from my husband. But I agree, I am loving football weekends.
- Tori Kelly. If you have not heard Tori Kelly, stop everything you are doing and go listen to her. Here, I'll give you some suggestions, listen to this, this and this. Oh and this... and this.
- The Great American Beer Festival. I went this weekend and will be sharing all about it on the blog on Thursday!
- That all my shows are back on TV. Cue a huge date with my DVR in the near future. Grey's Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder, Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, Law and Order SVU, Big Bang Theory... I could list more, but it's start to sound a bit pathetic.
Another thing I love? This girl and today is dedicated to Lyndsey, it's her birthday! Lyndsey and I met at Orientation for law school and we have been the best of friends ever since. Lyndsey is the wisest and most thoughtful person I've ever met. She tells me how it is, good and bad, is compassionate, smart and gorgeous. I'm so lucky to have her friendship and know she will be with me for the long haul.
Dear Lynds, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I wish I was physically celebrating with you today, but I will be cheersing you from Denver. I hope your day is filled with all the love and happiness in the world, because you deserve it. Oh, and cake, I hope your birthday is filled with cake! Enjoy today! I can't wait to celebrate you in 2 weeks when I'm in town! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend, I love you! Happiest Birthday!
this is a throwback...
back before either of us were married,
when I thought short hair was cute
and when Lynds was living in St. Louis!