It's no secret that Adam and I have a thing for mexican food. On our cheat days, we always go for mexican, so I knew when I found baked fajitas I had really hit the jackpot.
I made this after a long weekend out of town filled with drinking and lots of indulging. This meal was easy, delicious and super filling. In this recipe, I made my own fajita seasoning which makes it a tad more complicated, so if you want it to be a little quicker grab one of those 36 cent packs of seasoning at the grocery store! For our finished product we added some diced tomatoes, sliced avocado and cholula (obvs). P.S. The leftovers are just as good, if not better! Enjoy everyone!
- 2 small white onions
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all of the seasoning ingredients and set aside.
- Cut the onions and bell pepper into small strips.
- Place the veggies and the sliced chicken in a large glass casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the mixed seasoning over the mix. Then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons oil and mix together. (Take those rings off ladies and use your hands!)
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes. 20 minutes and toss, 20 minutes and done! When it comes out of the oven, squeeze that lime all over it!