If you cannot tell, Adam and I love everything spicy and with a bit of mexican flare, this soup is no exception. From the salsa verde to the fresh cilantro on top, I love this soup. P.S. it's even better day two!
So, since I love soup and all recipes so much, I'm doing my FIRST ever link-up! It's called Soup Sunday...and yes I know, it's not Sunday, but I wish it was! Share your favorite soups and link up below! Feel free to grab the link and share on your blog! Enjoy!
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of salsa verde
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cans, white beans (leave out for paleo)
- Add all ingredients into a crock pot (except cilantro). Cover and cook on low hear for 4-5 hours until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Remove chicken, shred and stir back into the soup.
- Serve with cilantro and sliced avocado!
To share, join me here! get the InLinkz code