It's April, it's Friday and it's finally spring - and even though we still have snow on the ground, I am excited. I'm ready to say goodbye to March. It was such a good month, but it seemed extra long and these last 10 days have been full of snow, snow and more snow.
Bring on the sunshine.
There are a lot of things I'm looking forward to this Spring, like a lot of things, and these are 7 of them.
- Sunshine, warmth and more sunshine. It has been deadly cold here and there are still like 5 inches of snow on the ground. I'm ready for the heat.
- I'm so excited to start fixing up our backyard. We've been in this house for a little over a month, hooray! and it's time to start fixing up the yard. Bring on the tulips, fix the rose bushes and plant whatever other fun things the garden store tells me to buy. Wait, this bullet point makes me sound so old. Spend Saturdays in the yard. Oh boy, on to #3.
- Outdoor bars (see, I'm still young and hip). I want to sit on a patio, eat chips and salsa in the sunshine and drink beer. Oh, and I want to be in either short sleeves or shorts. That sounds heavenly.
- I'm going to pack up all my winter clothes. Even though thats not safe in Colorado until like mid-July and even then you still have to keep a jacket out. But, I'm going to put away my huge winter coats.
- I'm going to read more books. That doesn't have anything to do with spring, but I'm excited for more books. P.S. I need some good recs for books, go!
- I'm going to San Diego for Coti's Bachelorette partayyyyyy. If drinking with your best friends on a yacht in San Diego doesn't scream spring (& fun!) then I don't know what does.
- I'm going to start taking "fashion" pictures for my blog. Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. But I'm going to try and I'm going to document all the good, bad and ugly.
Oh, Spring. I'm so glad you're here. What are you all looking forward to this spring?