Last week when this was his response, he added, "a baked chicken dish and I found the perfect recipe." I don't think I've ever loved him more. The worst part about making dinner is figuring out what to make. I'll make almost anything as long as I don't have to come up with the idea.
This recipe was so delicious, super easy and very flavorful. I'm going to have to start taking Adam more seriously when he responds with "a baked chicken dish."
This Recipe [Recreated] is from one of my very favorite cooks and cookbooks, Against All Grain. She makes the most incredible recipes. The original is linked here. I modified a bit, but for the most part, followed her lead.
The best thing about this recipe is that while it is super flavorful, it's easy on the stomach. Some things I make have a ton of spice (and don't worry this has some) but this one is super delicious without being overly powerful on the tums.
Are ya'll ready. Let's do this.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a pan on high heat, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and sear the chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, asparagus and broth then stir and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Return the seared chicken thighs to the pan and make sure to distribute the mushrooms and asparagus evenly around the chicken.
- Place the entire pan in the oven.
- To make the garlic mushroom sauce, separate the liquid, garlic and half of the mushrooms from the chicken and place it in a blender. Pulse until it turns into the consistency of gravy.
Is there anything better than asparagus?