- 3/4 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 5 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey (she used light agave)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 pieces cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews, chopped
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl and cover with water. Refridgerate for 8 hours. (I just left them on my counter).
- Drain the cashews and place in a food processor
- Add in the remaining dressing ingredients and blend until creamy. About 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, red onion, cilantro, bacon and cranberries. Add in the dressing and combine. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Just before serving, mix in the sunflower seeds and cashews.
soaking them makes them nice and soft and easy to blend
next time, i might use more cranberries. the mix of the curry and the sweet was wonderful!
im a firm believe that red onion makes everything taste better
oh, and cilantro. yumm.
this much broccoli was perfect for 2 and a little tiny left over for me the next day.
always use more bacon than called for. its a rule, well...my rule at least.
trust me... this is so good.
blend longer than you think. and if its too thick, add some more water.
try not to eat it before serving dinner. its hard. i know.