I found this recipe in my new cookbook, Make it Paleo II. This book is a great mix of recipes, most of them are fairly easy, but all of them are delicious! The recipe says to marinate the flank steak for 2 hours, we forgot to get dinner started early, so we did it for about *40 minutes, but it was still great!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (leave as many seeds as you want it spicy)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 springs fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 6 grinds of black pepper
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the flank steak, coat evenly and let it marinate for 2 hours* in the fridge.
- After 2 hours, remove the steak from the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- Heat a large saucepan to medium/high heat with some coconut oil. "Grill" the steak for about 5 minutes each side.
- Thinly slice it again the grain. Enjoy!
i just used a baking dish for the marinade because the steak was so big!
I topped mine with some homemade slaw and jalapeños.
Ps. those tortillas are paleo... I'll post them later!