Have you noticed how much stuff is going on in the news/world. (Ahem, Cailtyn Jenner*). It seems like it's been a very busy few weeks in the news world and just in case you've been hiding under a rock, or just really busy, I thought I'd catch you up. **This is a pop culture news update. I understand, there is a lot more important things going on... like lots of people running for President, the Supreme Court Ruling in favor of a Muslim woman, ISIS is still the largest threat. I understand all that, but this is a little bit lighter of a news update. Enjoy!
1. Caitlyn Jenner, aka the former Bruce Jenner. I had Bruce Jenner as number 2 on my most fascinating people of 2014 list, and I have a feeling she will be there again this year. (please excuse me if I mess up pronouns, terms, phrases, etc, it is in no way to offend, I'm learning). In April, Bruce Jenner told Diane Sawyer in his exclusive interview that, "“For all intents and purposes, I’m a woman,” Jenner told Sawyer. He told Diane that he would debut "her" (at that time we hadn't learned her name) sometime later this year. Well, ladies and gents, that time is here. Caitlyn Jenner has officially been debuted.
2. The entire country is flooding. This is actually heartbreaking. Connecticut, New Jersey, Massachusetts New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas and Oklahoma have experienced a very wet couple days and for some of those states, it doesn't seem to be letting up any time soon. With thousands of people stranded, 30 people reported dead, this seems to be the latest in a string of devastating natural disasters. Keep those states in your prayers tonight.
3. I HATE that I have two Kardashian related things on my blog today, but it's news. Kim Kardashian and Kanye are expecting baby number two. Let the jokes start about "East West" and "South East" Personally I'm rooting for East West, just because.
4. This one is for my husband, but there are a lot of playoffs going on right now (or about to start). Chicago Blackhawks v. Tampa Bay Lightening (thats hockey for all you folks) and Golden State Warriors v. Lebron James (basketball people, come on!). Not that it matters, but I'm rooting for the Blackhawks and the Warriors. Go teams. Oh, and with sports, FIFA is in trouble. That's all I know. Something about the US not getting the bid for the World Cup. Sports.
5. TSA Officers just failed 67 out of 70 undercover tests used to challenge their ability to ID explosives and all kinds of things that aren't allowed on planes. Here's what they let through (all this stuff was fake, since it was a test); weapons, explosives, "unauthorized items" and the worst? A man triggered the alarm when going through the metal detector and they failed to notice a (fake) bomb strapped to his back. Ugh oh.
6. I'm not sure this is considered "news" but E.L. James is writing another 50 Shades of Grey, but this time from Christian's perspective. It comes out June 18th. I'll leave it at that.
7. Josh Duggar and the whole Duggar family are at the center of some very heated controversy. All I have to say about this is my heart breaks for the victims who were poorly treated then and are reliving it now. Maybe we should stop worrying about Josh and the Duggar's reputation and figure out how to stop/avoid/fix/help situations like this going forward. More thoughts on this? You should read Taylor's blog about this at The Daily Tay.
8. Let's end this on a happy note, Real Housewives of Orange County starts Monday (which also happens to be my birthday!!) Whoop Whoop. I love the housewives, what a great birthday gift.