Eating paleo has been such a wonderful experience for me (& Adam) but it hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes i just want to stop and get McDonald's breakfast complete with a huge latte and whipped cream but then I realize that while it tastes good going down, it's doing only bad things for my body. Cue the delicious apple paleo muffins.
For a long time I made these Chocolate Banana Muffins. For a long time I loved these muffins. But, you can only eat things for so long before you start to get a little sick of chocolate banana muffins. In need for something new, I hit the internet to find a new breakfast muffin recipe. After searching and combing various recipes, I found and created these! Apple Muffins.
The thing I really love about these muffins is they taste like real bread muffins. They're easier than my chocolate banana muffins and they're more filling. I hope you all enjoy these as much as I do!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large apple, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Toss grated apple with lemon juice in medium bowl.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and combine.
- Stir wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Fill the muffin cups with 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes until a clean toothpick. (I usually add an extra 5 to crisp them up!)
the best part? you can use those delicious honey crisp apples that are in season!
this should be thick, creamy batter
usually I crisp these up a bit more.
oh man, try not to eat them all right now.