My most recent trip was a little different from the trips I used to take as a kid. This trip was a bachelorette party for my best, Coti. Her sister planned the most incredible getaway and because of her, I have 10 tips and tricks to having the best time in San Diego.
This is dedicated to Coti. Only 37 days away from I do! I'm so glad I could celebrate with you this past weekend -- I cannot wait for the big day! #mattandcotisayido
I also have a lot of photo evidence of my 10 tips and tricks, so get excited, they're really good.
- Make sure your best friend is getting married and having her bachelorette party there. This really ensures that the weekend will be full of girlfriends, laughing, delicious cocktails and lots of selfies.
- Stay at a great hotel in a great location. We stayed at the Andaz and it was right in the middle of downtown San Diego. We walked to breakfast every morning, uber drives were short and the rooftop bar at the Andaz is awesome.
- Eat delicious breakfasts. Our first morning there we went to Coffee and Tea Collective where my BFF bachelorette and I split an avocado toast and an Acai bowl. Wow... Make sure you ask for some extra pink Himalayan salt for your toast. And, the Americanos' are amazing there!
- Eat delicious lunches. Are you seeing a theme here, we love to eat We lunched at Tower 23, right on Pacific Beach. There is literally nothing better than a delicious salad, amazing wine and a gorgeous view of the ocean. Oh, and top it off with great girlfriends. Done and done.
- Eat delicious dinners. Might I recommend Kettner Exchange and Nobu. Both a little more on the expensive side, but both totally worth it. I've never eaten better. At Kettner, get the tuna pizza and at Nobu get the yellowtail sashimi with jalapenos. Trust me.
- Go to fabulous clubs and dance the night away. We went to Omnia which was so fun. Granted the girls around me were like 12 and didn't know that Kelly Kapowski actually invented the crop-top instead of Forever 21, but hey, it was so fun. Then against our better judgment and the fact that Uber couldn't "find" us, we got on a rickshaw. Literally one block and $20 later he started cursing at us and calling us names that I refuse to type. Just let the Uber find you. Take my word on this one.
- Get cute matching t-shirts. This is a must.
- Make sure there are presents. Presents are also always a must.
- Find a yacht and go on the yacht. Cruise the harbor. Party on the yacht. Repeat. Oh, and when they let you drive the yacht, you drive the yacht and you honk the horn.
- Take thousands of pictures, make a shared album and relive the weekend over and over. Oh, and for sure get on Snapchat. Those stories are some of the best.
now, thats a view.
the most delicious little breakfast bowl.
the lone night club survivors. look away!!
Matching shirts and such a fun group!
Isnt she the cutest little bride babe ever?!