We're celebrated the engagement, thrown the bridal shower, partied at the bachelorette party,
We're all rehearsed, we've mingled with friends, we've cheersed the happy couple and we've toasted. It's time to say I do!
Matt and Coti go way back, 9+ years back. I still remember when Coti visited me in college telling me about him. It was different. He was different.
Today we celebrate them. Today we celebrate a love that deserves to be recognized.
Coti and I have been best friends since we were 13 and today at 29 (okay, shes still 28) she's getting married! I have a lot to tell her, but since she's a little busy today, I thought I'd share those things here. She can check on it later.
21 Things I want my best friend to know on her wedding day.
- The day you've been dreaming about is here. Don't forget to soak in every minute, even the little ones that don't seem important.
- I will probably cry through the entire ceremony, please forgive me for ruining my makeup. We both know I'm not a cute crier.
- I knew when you came to visit me in Malibu and told me about him that he was the one. I could hear it in your voice and see it in your eyes.
- If you're ever mad at him, remember that every morning he makes you honey lattes and every night he falls asleep holding your arm.
- I knew I loved Matt when the first night we went out he held my hair back when I was puking in the rocks while you hailed a cab after a super rowdy new years eve.
- I love that our husbands are friends and are so similar. They both have the best voices.
- I love that Matt loves you so much.
- I hope you know that even when something is hard or you fight, that you will get through it. Because if you can forgive and love me all these years, you can forgive and love him through it too.
- I re-wrote that toast last night 100 times, I'm sorry I cried so much. But, what was I supposed to do.
- I hope he understands that I am not going anywhere and he should expect me to show up uninvited and call you whenever I feel like it -- and maybe pick me up from the airport every now and then for surprises.
- I know Matt is your husband now and always your lifeline and best friend, but I'm still here too if you need me.
- Remember all those times we cried over boys? We never have to do that again. You found the boy that will make you smile after you cry and will do his best to never make you cry. We always knew we'd find him and now you did.
- I hope he always puts you first.
- I hope he knows that life is incomplete without you, that all the good things in life won’t mean a thing if he is not sharing them with you.
- I hope you become the only thing he truly can’t live without.
- I hope he gives you all the kids you want. Even though you don't know what that number is yet.
- I hope your daughter has your sense of humor and your kindness. And I hope your son has his chivalry and his determination.
- I promise that we will still have our inside jokes that he will never get.
- I promise you I will be his friend too and try to understand him, but he has to know that I will always be on your side.
- I want you to know that even though your married, I'm still your best.
- I want you to know that today will be the best day of your life.
It's your turn Co. Let's do this, let's get you married.