I know what you're thinking, wow, there are a lot of ingredients in this soup. Well have no fear, it might look daunting but it's worth it. I know I say this a lot but this soup is my new fav. It's more than flavorful, has tons of veggies and will feed you for days. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pound boneless chicken breasts (I used 2 packs of chicken from Costco)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribbs, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 4 large carrot stalks, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 15 ounce can organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans
How to Make:
- Cook chicken. (I put chicken in a pan, covered with water, and brought to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let cook until fully cooked, about 20 minutes)
- Shred cooked chicken.
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté garlic.
- Add chopped carrots, onion, celery, peppers and the jalapeño pepper. Cook until translucent.
- Add in chicken broth, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, stir well.
- Add in shredded chicken.
- Add in hot sauce and spices and mix well to combine.
- Let cook for 15 minutes. (I let it cook on low for about 45 minutes, the Broncos were on!)
- Top with fresh avocado.
I prepped all the veggies before hand
all my soups kind of look a like
and remember, avocado is good on everything.