If you guys are eating paleo or eating clean and not reading Lexi's Clean Kitchen, you are missing out! She made these paleo truffles and they are incredible. I made them when we had some friends over and needless to say, they were a hit. Perfect little decadent treat when you're craving something super chocolatey and good. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- dash sea salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder for rolling
- Break up chocolate into pieces.
- In a pot, heat coconut milk and chocolate. Add in espresso powder and maple syrup. Mix until combined.
- Remove and add a dash of sea salt.
- Set the bowl in the refridgerator for about 5 hours until the mixture hardens.
- Take out a few minutes before to allow it to soften.
- Scoop out 1/2 inch balls with a spoon and lay them out on parchment paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll truffle balls with your hands to make them round.
- Roll balls in cocoa powder and serve.
I ran out of dark chocolate chunks, so I had to pull out some dark chocolate chips.
melt it all together...
look at that goodness.