One thing I love about Kristen is her delicious and healthy recipes. So why not share a recipe I’ve recently perfected that is a cheat for my favorite junk food: BBQ Wings. These crunchy little BBQ wing substitutes are actually made of CAULIFLOWER. So when you sit down and eat all of them you can feel zero guilt what so ever! That’s my kind of junk food, amiright?
This recipe is very easy to adjust and manipulate based off of what you have in your house, or how much cauliflower you want to make. You can also adjust the thickness of the batter depending on if you want more of a crunchy coating to your wings. The thicker the batter, the more batter you will need to make. It’s best to just go with the flow for your preferences on this one the first time you make it.
Try it out, add some extra seasonings if you prefer, and enjoy!
BBQ Cauliflower “Wings”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yields: 2 generous servings of “wings”
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 cup of milk of choice (I used skim, but you can also use a non-diary version if you prefer)
- 1 cup of flour of choice
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1 ½ - 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into bite size pieces, making sure to keep the pieces as uniform as possible so they cook evenly.
- Mix the milk, water, flour, spices, and a dash of salt and pepper together. For less “bready” wings, add about ½ cup water more to thin batter.
- Evenly coat cauliflower pieces with batter, let the excess drip off the pieces, and place in a single layer on a greased cooking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While baking, mix BBQ sauce and 1 cup of water to create sauce.
- Remove cauliflower pieces, and toss in sauce until evenly coated.
- Add back to greased pan in single layer, and bake for an additional 10 minutes for softer wings, or 15-20 for crunchier wings.
- Remove from pan, garnish with a dollop of ranch dressing or bleu cheese, and enjoy these guiltless little delights.
CandidlyKelseyBlog.com // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest // Bloglovin // Facebook