And to all you fabulous blog friends, I simply adore you. You sure make a girl feel good about getting old. I'm 29. I don't like it, but I'm embracing it.
Let's just say I'm learning to embrace the fact that I'm 1 year closer to 30. As my brother put it, I'm almost in his decade. Yikes.
I've always heard that when you get older you become more self-aware, confident and have pretty much an all around "who gives a damn what you think about me" attitude. While, I'm still not totally there, I would say I have learned a lot in these 29 years here on earth. Because I know you are dying to know what I've learned, I typed them out for you.
You are welcome.
19 things I've learned in 29 years. Get ready to be inspired.
- Marriage is the best thing I've ever done. It's falling in love every day, learning to get along with another person all while choosing that person every single day. It's the best choice I've ever made.
- Most dogs are better than most humans Especially Henry.
- An 18 hour trip is always worth it for family. Especially when that trip includes engagements, birthdays, babies and surprises.
- Baby smiles make life so much better.
- Buying a house is so expensive but so worth it. I wish I would have done it sooner.
- My husband is the greatest human.
- Buy the pretty dress. Or the pretty shoes, or the pretty jeans or whatever makes you feel pretty. Life's hard, you deserve it.
- A tan will always make you feel prettier and skinnier. Even if its just a tan towel.
- Being pretty on the outside doesn't mean your are pretty on the inside. Truth.
- Working out is always worth it even when you want to sleep in.
- Praying really does fix things. Even if that "thing" is only your heart.
- Sing loud. Sing in your car. Sing in the shower. Sing at work. It's good for your soul and for the soul of someone who catches you singing.
- A drunk girl is not attractive.
- A phone call always means more than a text.
- Stop worrying about likes on Instagram.
- Say I love you even if you're mad.
- Always order dessert, even if dessert is just wine.
- Give compliments and call your mom.
- Be kind.
I'm so lucky and so loved.