#WinterStormKayla hit us pretty dang hard yesterday. Denver is currently covered in feet of snow. Yesterday I had a snow day! It's freezing cold. It's super snowy. There are grey clouds in the sky and I don't remember what summer looks like.
But, ya know what, even though summer is still 5 months away, there are still things to do to combat the blizzard blues.
- Clean off your DVR. I don't know about you, but I'm always in a constant battle with it being at 95% full. There is never enough time in the week to keep up to date with shows. During my snow day I caught up on a huge amount of TV shows.
- Play with your dog. Henry is pretty used to being alone Monday - Friday. He didn't really know what to do when I was home Tuesday. But we played a lot of catch, attempted some walks, even though the snow was 8 inches deep and he got a few more treats than usual.
- Catch up on blogging. Guy, I pre-blogged some great posts and cannot wait for you to read them!
- Take some good Instagram pictures. When you have time to take pictures during the day and not at work always makes for better pictures.
- Work out. Take a class that you usually can't due to work. That is unless your classes are cancelled because of the blizzard. In that case, do a workout on TV!
- Make a delicious dinner. This is rad. I'm usually rushing home from Pure Barre to make dinner so that we're not eating at midnight. I love having dinner prepared early.
- Read a book. My February goal is to read 5 books. Having a blizzard day is helping my goal!
- Plan a vacation. There is nothing better than planning a fun trip in the middle of a blizzard.
- Call your mom. Remember J.K. Simmons speech at the Oscars? Stop texting, call your mom. Having a day off is a great day to do just that.
- Pack. If you're moving in two weeks like I am you should pack. Except I have no motivation soooo I'll probably not pack.
How do you beat the blizzard blues?